A305 HP, 31 MPG V6
3.7L Ti-VCT V6
This engine produces 280 lb.-ft. of torque while delivering a first-ever combination of 305 horsepower and EPA-estimated 31 mpg hwy, the best fuel economy in its class.** The engine features state-of-art technology such as twin independent variable cam timing (Ti-VCT), direct-acting mechanical buckets for smooth valve performance and a high-flow dual exhaust.
5.0L V8 Engine
The Mustang 5.0 engine delivers 412 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft of torque, achieved with premium fuel. The powerplant features twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT), an aluminum engine block and cold air induction that helps pump out more power. It features a compression ratio of 11:1 and a cylinder head designed to optimize airflow. The exhaust features a throaty roar that signals the power and thrill of driving this machine.
Both the six-speed manual and available six-speed automatic transmissions in Mustang deliver sporty, smooth-shifting performance. There is a skip-shift feature that goes from first to fourth gear at certain speeds to help improve fuel efficiency.
The optional V6 Performance Package includes the following:
- Strut-tower brace
- Larger front sway bar and SVT rear sway bar
- Unique front springs
- Unique front and rear calipers with performance friction pads
- 19" painted aluminum wheels
- 255/40R19 summer-only tires
- Unique stability control calibration
- Gloss black side mirrors
- 3.31 rear-axle
Plan to take the 2012 Mustang
for a test drive to fully appreciate the refinements and amenities
crafted into this classic American sports car.
SYNC is available on most vehicles. Features/functionality vary by vehicle/model. See dealer for details.
available in the 48 contiguous states and DC. Sirius, XM and all
related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc.
Subscriptions governed by Sirius. Terms and Conditions available at
sirius.com, and sold separately after complimentary trial period. Some
Sirius Traffic and Sirius Travel Link features are unavailable while
driving. Traffic updates available in select markets.
- The available MyFord Touch™ technology.* features a simple intuitive touch screen that lets you control your
navigation, phone and entertainment. Convenient steering wheel mounted
controls allow you to have control of additional functions without
taking your hands off the wheel.
- Voice-activated SYNC® The available class-exclusive* SYNC® entertainment and communications
system allows you to easily operate most popular MP3 players and
Bluetooth®-enabled phones with simple voice commands.**
- Reverse Sensing System uses innovative ultrasonic sensors in the rear bumper to audibly alert you to certain objects behind the vehicle when you're backing up at slow speeds.
- Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS) automatically adjusts to deliver precise responses both at high
speeds and lower speeds. By removing the belt driven hydraulics, it
helps deliver improved fuel efficiency.* EPAS allows you to choose from
- Normal: the default factory setting
- Sport: there is slightly higher steering effort required with more road force felt through the steering wheel
- Comfort: there is slightly less steering effort required with less road force felt through the steering wheel
- Available High-Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlamps produce two and one half times higher output than halogen bulbs, while
consuming 20 percent less power and lasting longer than conventional
Available HD Radio™ lets you enjoy crystal clear reception, with no audio distortion, buzz,
popping or static. Also,there are more channels offering more of the
type of programming you like as well as new formats ? more music, more
news and more sports.
- Get a clear view behind your vehicle when backing up slowly with the available rearview camera, which is activated when the Mustang is shifted into reverse. A small
camera mounted within the spoiler then displays a video image in the
rearview mirror or on the Navigation System screen (on models equipped
with a Navigation System). The screen image includes colored guides to
give the driver a better perspective of the vehicle?s center point and
LUXURIOUSLY APPOINTED INTERIOR
- Classic styling and seamless, soft-touch materials give the Mustang
plenty of distinctive style. From the one-piece instrument panel to the
available leather wrapped steering wheel, you are surrounded by complete
comfort. Add to your enjoyment with the Comfort Package and front-row
- The available ambient lighting illuminates the interior doors, footwells
and cupholders in your choice of seven colors, including shades of
blue, purple, orange, red and green. There?s also MyColor®, which lets
you select one of 125 custom colors for your instrument gauge cluster.
Both features are standard on 2012 Mustang V6 Premium and GT Premium.
interior is lit naturally with the available glass roof that features
SPF-50-equivalent tinting that blocks out 96 percent of the sun's
ultraviolet rays. The glass roof is available for both the Mustang and
The 2012 Mustang GT Premium features an optional Premier Trim package
that lets you choose custom seat color and stitching options for the
leather-trimmed bucket seats. This package also includes an aluminum
shift knob and unique door inserts.